Fashioning a napkin into a tidy envelope shape is one of the easiest ways to make each table setting look first class. Learn the art of napkin folding, perfect for entertaining guests!
You Will Need
* A cloth napkin
* An iron
Step 1: Iron the napkin
Iron the napkin.
*Tip: For an especially crisp look, use starch.
Step 2: Make a triangle
Lay the napkin flat, facedown. Fold it in half to form a triangle.
Step 3: Fold corners and sides
Fold the right and left corners over so they meet in the middle. Then fold the sides over until the meet in the middle again.
Step 4: Bring up the rear
Fold the bottom up so you have a rectangle at the bottom and a triangle at the top.
Step 5: Fold the flap
Fold both pieces of the triangular flap down over the rectangle. Voila! An envelope.
The idea of napkins began in ancient Greece with the Spartans, who put lumps of raw dough on the dinner table so diners could wipe their fingers on it.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades